Watch the following video http://video.hsus.org/?fr_story=FRdamp226793&rf=bm
- How does this video make you feel?
- Do you agree with this practice? Explain
- What could be done to limit these practices?
- Do you know where your pets were breed? (how do you know)
You must post a thoughtful response (answering the above questions) about this video by Monday October 5th. By Friday October 9th you must respond to TWO of your classmates posts with a thoughtful reflection!
This video not only made me feel bad for the dogs, but also made me mad and angry at the people who would do this to the dogs. I think that you must ahave a license to breed dogs not only to keep the horrible treatment of dogs from happening but also to keep the popultion lower. Enforce the animal rights laws and punish the businesses that except dogs from the unliscened people. Yes. We saved one from the SPCA and to we got from a freind who here to cats bread themselves.
ReplyDeleteThis video makes you wonder where that pup of yours is coming from. For all you know YOUR dog may be one of these illegally breeded chows.
ReplyDeleteThis practice seems a little wack. Why not just get a liscence man? You don't have to put the poor little things through that demoralizing stuff.
Hire private dog breeding detectives to narc out all the illegal breeders. That'll show em who's boss, eh?
One of my dogs is muttier than the muttiest of mutts. I have no clue where it was breeding but I know that i love my dog Scout :)
My other dog is border collie no foolin' its legit and I got it from a liscenced breeder so lay off my case.
I feel bad, but not like bad as in like, evil or nothin like dat, but like bad as in like sorry for dem puppies.
ReplyDeleteThe video does not really make me feel anything, however i do understand that illegal breeding and the conditions that the puppies live in is an issue.
I do not in anyway agree with the practice of puppy mills. I think its wrong.
I think one could help limit these practices by lynching known illegal dog breeders, or just ratting them out to the authorities. which ever works best in your county.
I do not know where my current dog was bred, however, my previous dog was bred by my aunt and uncle. so there.
When I watched this video I felt bad for the puppys. I was also very angery. I do not agree with this pratice. I think it is worong. Its just terrible that those dogs have to go though that. I belive that stricter laws and having people out there busting down on people who do this, could limet these pratices. We got my dog from Travis Wander's aunt and uncle
ReplyDeleteThis movie made me think about how unethical animals are treated throughout the world. It angered me to see the way those people treated the puppies. I strongly disagree with the practice of puppy mills it is completely wrong and hideous. These people who are unliscensed need to be punished more strongly and not get off with a slap on the wrist. Also those businesses who knowingly sell the dogs for these Puppy Mills need to be punished also. This would make owning and running a puppy mill a strong punishable offense. I do not know whether the people we bought our dogs from were liscensed breeders
ReplyDeleteAfter watching this video I couldn't help but to feel bad for those dogs. I mean I would be pretty angry if I were to find out that either of my dogs was put through that kind of treatment when there were just a wee pup.
ReplyDeleteI don't feel that the breeders should stop breeding dogs, but to stop breeding them in such mass quantities. If they just controlled how many puppies they produced then that would solve all the problems because it would be easier to keep their areas clean and i would be far less crowded.
Other than making laws about this type of practice, which has already been done, I'm not sure that there is much else that can be done about it. As bad, and as sad as it is if people are treating animals this way then they obviously don't really care about them, so more laws aren't going to affect them.
Both of my dogs we have gotten from friends of the family who's dogs have had a litter.
This video makes me feel bad for the dogs. it is not right to breed dogs in such large numbers and keep them in such a confined place. because of how the dogs are housed, many of them get sick and die.
ReplyDeleteI do no agree with this practice because it is wrong to breed a large amount of dogs to make money. you should have a license to do this. innocent animals are being killed.
to limit these practices, it should be necessary for breeders to have a license to breed dogs and other animals. there should also be a set limit to the amount of animals yu are allowed to breed yearly.
my dog was from a friend of the family whose dog had a litter.
This Video made me feel like these people are pathetic for even thinking of such a cruel thing to do to something that has never done anything to them.
ReplyDeleteI dont agree with this practice i think it is wrong to abuse any animal its not ok to abuse humans so why is it okay to abuse animals?
I think what should be done to limit this is that the breeders need to get a licese and need to be checked out on wat kind of facility that they are going to be doing it at. Also when someone buys a god they should do investigation befor just giving it or getting it from a stranger.
My black labador is from a family friend who had a friend and there dog had puppies. My Minature Dauchsand is from a breeder where me and my brother went and personnal picked up the dog and seen where they held them at and how they were treated.
This video makes me feel very sorry for the dogs. It is inhumane to keep them in these conditions. This video also makes me wonder why these breeders think that it is okay to breed these dogs like this?! and why people who go to these breeders would actually buy these puppies?!
ReplyDeleteI most definately do not agree with this practice. I am okay with the legal breeding of dogs in sanitary and well taken care of conditions. However, these conditions are no where near that!The more animals we produce, the more that die. So we need to STOP overproducing them!
All dog breeders do need to have a license. However, realistically, they don't buy them!That's what the video was about! I think to prevent things like this from happening, we need to have an organization/group that goes around and has the responsibility of finding terrible dog breeders like this. It may sound stupid, but it would help if there was a program like carfax. Every dog would legally have to be in their system. The dog's breeding information and medical records would be in there. We can do it with cars, why not dogs?
I do know where some of my pets were bred. One of my dogs, we actually went to the breeder, talked with them, checked out the facility, and picked out our dog. The other dog that I have, my dad and I found her on my street. We have no clue who bred her or who was so cruel as to put her out on the street in the first place. However, before we kept her took her to the vets and had her all checked out. We were going to put her up for adoption but she was too cute to let go of :)
This video makes me feel terrible for these poor dogs and very angry at the people who put them through this.
ReplyDeleteI do not agree at all with this practice it is horrible. No creature deserves to be treated this poorly. Not only do many of the puppies die before they can be sold, but even after they get homes, they can become sick and die because of the horrific conditions they were born into.
I'm not really sure what could be done to limit these practices but maybe something along the lines of mandating that internet venders have a lisence for breeding. Also, regularly having these puppy breeders checked out by officals.
I have one dog and i got her from a lisenced breeder when i was in third grade (i asked my mom to make sure). I had another dog named Abby but she died of old age a few years ago. we rescued her from a shelter when i was really little. we are actually planning on getting a puppy in the near future. i know where im NOT getting it from...
The video made me feel bad for the dogs, alot of innocent puppys are dieing for no reason, and it could be helped. I disagree with the practice. I think that the breeding of the dogs should not take place in such large numbers, and also they should not be kept in such a confined area. Being in such a small area, many of the dogs either pass, or get sick to the point where they probably dont wanna live. Also, you need to have a license to do this. Doing it for you own porofit is cruel. When it comes to limiting these pratices, I would say to have authorities go to these places and make them get licenses, or close them down. Most of the breeders would close and several dogs would be saved.I have two dogs, a Husky-German Sheperd mix, and a Lab-Boxer mix. The first one we rescued from a shelter a few years back. The other we got from a friends dog who had puppys.
ReplyDeleteThis video makes me feel sad. I feel bad for the puppies that have to be brought up in those cramped conditions with no individual attention. I feel like it could be worse if they were beaten or underfed, but since they're trying to sell them, i don't think it would happen too much.
ReplyDeleteI do not agree witht his practice because the puppies do not spend enough time with their mother, nor do they recieve individual attention.
The best way to go about it would to reduce the demand for these puppies. If the demand is reduced then the mills will no longer produce.
My dog was bred by a woman in Moscow and I know cause I went to her house and picked him up
hello
ReplyDeleteAfter watching this video I feel homicidal. Not really I just feel kinda bad for da pups. Not because they are being bred, but because it is done so in such squalid, congested quarters. I dont believe that unlicensed breeding should be illegalized, just monitored closely to insure that the animals are not endangered. The last dog I had, I picked up from a shelter, but it died a couple weeks later so im fresh outta dogs at the moment. As for my next dog, I d k, probably just any place where I can find a Bullchilabradoodle.
ReplyDeletei truly agree with sams viewpoint. i feel as if he gave an accurate analysis
ReplyDeletei dont, however, agree with kyles viewpoint. i found it to be quite gosh and insufficient. he didn't provide accurate supporting details to make his point and therefore came across as ignorant and short-sided.
ReplyDeleteThis video made me feel very sad for those dogs being breed in those types of conditions. its not right for people to do that to those poor animals.
ReplyDeleteNo i do not agree with this practice because it is wrong to mistreat animals.
some ways of limiting is, sending in the fuzz to crack down on these mills.
my dogs were from the same litter from some guy my grandpa knew.
This video makes me feel bad for the dogs, and mad at the people that are putting the dogs in this situation.
ReplyDeleteI do not agree with this practice because it is wrong to have dogs put in situations like this just to make some quick money, without taking care of the animals or worrying about their well-being.
I think that there should be more requirements to being able to get a license, and harsher laws should be imposed on those who do not meet requirements or do not have a license at all.
Both of my dogs were in litters that separate family friends' dogs had. I know this because I saw the both puppy litters.
I agree with what Jon said about how any breeders should be required to have a liscense to keep the population under control and keep the unethical treatment down.I also agree with Chelsey on some of what she said, like that the puppies should not be treated like that and that they should not have to live in those cramped environments. But I do disagree that reducing the demand for the puppies would not necessarily decrease the demand for those mills to stay in business, I think that they would still breed to the same capacity as they were.
ReplyDeleteI agree with what Jon is saying, the ASPCA should crack down on dog breeders, mainly illegal ones, to help prevent dogs from being put in this situation, and keep the populations down so not as many dogs have to be euthanized, which is unfair to them as well
ReplyDeleteafter watching this video, i felt sick to my stomach..people dont have the right to do that to dogs, who ever would treat dogs that way an keep breeding them then they should be treated just the same as they treated the dogs, this is just as bad as michael vicks case, but anyhow, if i were the humane society then i wouldnt sleep day or night untill this was put to rest an the animal breeding an cruelty was no longer more..
ReplyDeleteThis video makes me feel sad. No I do not. This is harming the animals to just make some money in order to better benifit someone. They could jail anyone who does this practice like they did Michael Vick and then they are less likely to continue this practice. No idea but probably doggy style in a yard.
ReplyDeleteI also agree with Bock on this, dog breeding shouldn't be held in such high numbers, this leads to over-population of animals and it is hard to find a home for all of them. They also need to be in more comfortable situations, in clean areas with lots of space, with fresh water and food. If the breeder is unable to provide this for all of their dogs they should not breed as many dogs.
ReplyDeleteThis video makes me feel really sad for all those dogs and extremely angry towards the people who are doing it. Thats so wrong.
ReplyDeleteI do not agree with this practice and dont see how anyone could. The dogs are kept in small confined cages over run with too many dogs. Easy for disease, fleas, and bacteria to spread. You never know what kind of dog you could get.
Dog breeders need to have a license to breed them. THey should have a limit on how many litters a year they can have and the home environment should be inspected.
I went to the breeders who get sophia and saw where she lived, who the family was and her mothers temperment. I don't know where Sulivan came from. We bought him from the All Creatures Rescue Center, but he was very skinny and scared. All that aside he has a great temperment and is absolutely amazing.
I agree with zack that it is wrong and with the help of the "fuzz" there would be less of this problem.
ReplyDeleteI agree with what Jon on the breeders needing a license. I also agree with Chelsey and almost everyone in that the puppies do not deserve to be treated in this way.
ReplyDeleteIn response to Mazzaro I completly agree with everything he said. Breeders should for sure get a license. What people are doing is so wrong and unhumane. It needs to be stopped.
ReplyDeleteI agree with what Holly said cause you should have a license in order to breed those dogs. That way they are raised properly and in the right conditions.
ReplyDeleteThe video on puppy mills was horrible and was wrong.i agree with chelsey the dogs should be raised prperly and in the right condition.There are way to many people breeding puppys not knowing how. I do not agree with this practice. This practice is very wrong. They should put the people in jail for not having licean to breed dogs and they should check all pet stores to make sure they are getting dogs from licean breeders.My pet was breeded at my dad's friends house, i know this because thats where i got my first dog, and i was with my dad when i went to go get my dog and the breeder came check how the dog was doing when he turned one.
ReplyDeleteThe video made me feel upset for the dogs and angry at the people who dont breed in the right conditions. I do not agree with puppy mills by any means. More investigation should be done on all breeders. I do know where my dogs were bread from becasue my dad, my sister and i breed dogs. We are not a puppy mill and everything we do is legal!
ReplyDeleteThis video made me feel bad for the puppies. You should need a license to breed these dogs and have monthly inspectins to make sure the animals are being cared for properly. I do not know where 2 of my dogs were bred but i do know the 3rd one.
ReplyDeleteThis video makes me feel sorrow for the dogs that are in these puppy mills. These dogs should not be treated like this.
ReplyDeleteI don't agree with this practice because it is mean to the dogs and the dogs should be taken care of properly.
These people could be fined and taken to jail for there actions this would put a slow down on what is happening.
I dont got any pets.
The video makes me feel bad for the animals bred in the puppy mills. I don't agree with the practice without a license because they are over populating dogs. In order to limit these practices, there should be a license required and a maximum number of puppy mills in areas. I also know where my pets were bred because we purchased them from the breeder directly.
ReplyDeleteThis video made me feel horrible for the dogs and made me mad and angry at the people who would treat the dogs this way.you should have a license to breed dogs not only to keep the terrible treatment of dogs from happening but also to keep the popultion lower. Enforce the animal rights, punish businesses that except dogs from unliscened owners, and stop the consumption of all illegal dogs. no, we got our dog from a freind who breads rotwielers, though we got all the papers, test, and shots done professionally.
ReplyDeleteThis video makes me feel terrible for the innocent puppys. THere is no reason to do this illegal breeding. it is wrong and cruel. People think that they can treat animals however they want but i think it is very wrong. it disgusts me even thinking about it.
ReplyDeleteI definitely 100 percent disagree with this practice. in no way is it right. they are tourturing innocent puppys and they have no right to do so.
Breeders just need to get a license so at least they will be legal. It is already bad enough.
One of my dogs is part cocker spanial and part begal i am not sure if it was legally breeded or not. and my other dog is half wolf and alaskan malamute. this dog was for legally breeded.
This video is very upsetting. I do not have any dogs or pets to know how it feels but it would be very upsetting if I did. Dogs should not be treated with such abuse for breeding. I think the penalty should be zero tolerance if caught without be license to breed. Pets should not be used as merchandise to sell.
ReplyDeleteThis video makes me upset when thinking about it because it really inhumane to use animals as profit like that. Also many of the dogs will die of malnutrition and they would most likely live if they stayed with there parents for more time. I do not agree with this practice obviously. You could limit this practice by creating stricter laws that would really put the fear into abusers. All three of my animals were from the ASPCA or taken in off the street.
ReplyDeletei agree with what holly said about getting a license. They should make them free or less expensive to obtian one because it's the main reason people don't get one.
ReplyDeleteI agree with casey and allie this video is disturbing and cruel behavior and it needs to be stopped. No animal should be treated like that.
ReplyDeleteI also agree with chelsey because the animals really do suffer from the breeding. these dogs leave their mothers way to early or they stay and become untrusting angry dogs and that is a very unmarketable quality
ReplyDeleteI agree with zachattack that we should send the fuzz to come down on the mills.
ReplyDeleteDylan came across with a good point that people should just a license.
ReplyDeletei agree with case50 that there should be zreo tolernce in penaltys with people caught with out a license to breed
ReplyDeleteThis video makes me feel bad for the dogs who have to go through this and I do not agree with this practice at all. Anyone who breeds the dogs like the way the video described should be fined and made sure to not sell dogs again unless they have a license to. I have two dogs but I only know that one was bread by my friend.
ReplyDeletei agree with hamy(kevin) that the ways the dogs are treated is creul and wrong. i think that the punishments should be more sivere and harsh for animal creulty.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Hamy it should be made sure the breeders have the license to breed the dog or the sellers be fined for taking the dog in from them.
ReplyDeleteThis video made me agree with sam dars statement. I just feel very upset about the whole situation. There should be alot more investigation on where all dogs are breed from. The fuzz should really get on this stuff or whatever orginization helps prevent it. I know te family that bred one of my dogs but honestly i couldnt tell you where my oldest one came from. Kinda upsetting
ReplyDeleteI think that everyone on this blog except for me actually hates puppies and are illegal breeders themselves. They hate puppies and want to destroy the puppy race. They are monsters and must be stopped
ReplyDeleteAnd samdar is a n00b for thinking that he is allowed to use the word squalid.
That movie doesnt really do anything for me. I mean its sad but hey at least the poor pups have a home. Should breeding be illegal? NO!Maybe just watched a little closer. I have a doggy! :) DUKE!!! But I got him from my aunt and where she got him from, idk. To make these move preventable maybe put more money into them.
ReplyDeleteI hace to agree with Kody! This site is meddes up and im gonna find out whats really goin on here! And when I get to the bottom of this you are all going down!
ReplyDeleteI agree with michael wilson. Over populating animals is a problem in the United States today and people breed dogs just for the fun of it. Puppy mills should be limited per area to prevent such problems.
ReplyDeleteThis video disgusts me. I have a big heart for animals especially dogs. Not to mention, I have a golden retriever that was abused and mistreated as a pup. So therefore I feel angry at the people who are doing this to such helpless animals.
ReplyDeleteI Holly up when it comes to I do not agree with this practice and dont see how anyone could. It is unfair to be so uncruel to animals just to make money. It isnt fair to any animal to keep them in such horrid homes and make them vulnerable to diseases. It doesnt seem right to sell animals under such circumstances.
In order to limit this i feel all dog breeders hould have to be closely inspected. And possibly making stricter and more severe consequences if any rule is borken or illegeal breading takes place.
I do know where all my pets came form except for two. In which those two were given to us because they came from bad homes and were being bullied by other dogs or mistreated by their owners. Otherwise we have gone to where the dogs were breaded and it was pretty legit.
I agree with what Phillip R said. He is correct in saying that "those businesses who knowingly sell the dogs for these Puppy Mills need to be punished also. This would make owning and running a puppy mill a strong punishable offense." By limiting the stores that puppy mills can sell to, they will not need to breed as many puppies and eventually go out of business.
ReplyDeleteThis is a response to Jonnykash44's post. (Jon Kroger)
ReplyDeleteI agree with the fact that you should have a license to breed dogs not only to keep the horrible treatment of dogs from happening but also to keep the popultion lower. This would lessen the amount of illegal dog breeding that is happening.
This is a response to Anthony's blog post. its sad but hey at least the poor dogs have a home. Should breeding be illegal? NO!Maybe just watched a little closer.
ReplyDeleteI agree with D-Phil. There should be stricter laws.
ReplyDeleteThis is in response to Anthony. I totally disagree with ur post. They have a home, but it's not a good one. It is terrrible that they are placed in these condition. I hope that you never get put in a cage with 127946782356468123546815234685713456356 other human beings and see how it feels! Not being mean :) just saying. I also agree with Sam's point of view. He put his opinion into excellent words. I could not have expressed my opinion any better.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Marzzaro10. The dogs should be breed in lager areas.
ReplyDeleteI think what they do to the dogs is cruel and unethical. I am disgusted that people have the ability to treat something living with such little respect.
ReplyDeleteThere is no chance that I would agree with this practice, ever. The people who do this should be stronly punished for their actions, like forcing them into a small house with hundreds of other people and having to fight to live.
To keep this kind of thing from happening, anyone who breeds a puppy should have a license and have to get it renewed every year. And if they don't have a license and continue to breed, every dog should be given a good home and the people should be punished.
I know where one of my pets was bred because we bought her from the breeder. But I don't know where the other dogs were bred because they all showed up or were dumped at my house, which is another habit that should be stopped.
I agree with zachattack when he said that the fuzz should crack down on the mills. People should be doing everything in their power to help stop this mistreatment.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Britt and Allie. They both pretty much said the same thing i did. We all feel bad about it.
ReplyDeleteI do no agree with this practice because it is not fair to the dogs to be kept in such small cages with so many other dogs. The places were filfty and the dogs seemed malnurished.
ReplyDeleteThis viedo makes me feel sad for animals that are a part of this. there is no reason anything should be treated like this.
I think that the best way to put a stop or limit this kind of stuff from happening is to throughly check out the person before there are licenced and make there be a set limit on what kind of animals you bred together and the amount you bred a year.
and yes i do know where my dog came from, we went to the breeders house and picked her out we checked out the person first made she everything was correct and then we took her to the vet and they looked at her.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Fil. Dogs are treated very unethically throughout the world and something should be done about it.
ReplyDeleteI agree with dylan in the fact of they should be required to get a license.
ReplyDelete